Tuesday, March 16, 2010

And we're off!

Even though we have started to change our eating habits and take walks and such, our official start was this past Sunday, March 14th. We did our official weigh-in. Sure, it was one week after when I would have liked to have started, but that'll work itself out.

My idea is to have the 1st Sunday of the month be our checkpoint to see how we are progressing. However, to gather data and see trending (ok, that's the engineer side of me... can't have too much data) we'll be weighing in *every* Sunday, but we won't look at our own weights during these weekly weigh-ins, only the monthly one. We're writing everything down in notebooks to keep track of things.

Also, we are photographing our weigh-ins to track our losses as well. That struck home (quite convincingly, actually) what we need to get away from, and hope not to get back to.

So, my starting point is 411lbs (as of this past Sunday). I'll be posting my monthly numbers here so all can see how I'm doing. Also, I took numbers for my fat percentage and BMI, and we're keeping those in the notebooks next to our weight.

We've been good about walking 1.5 miles everynight, as well as doing some simple workouts (push-ups, leg lifts... simple stuff). We'll be adding in some light dumbbells soon to add resistance and change up what muscles are going to be getting worked.

Also (also), we have discovered some friends of ours were about to get rid of a treadmill they don't use anymore, and we looked it over and it will fit our needs perfectly! So, hopefully very soon we'll be able to go pick it up and be using that, as well as get our teeter-totter-glider-thingie next to it, and we can get some serious cardio work going!

No comments:

Post a Comment