Monday, March 15, 2010

Taking it slower....Thank God

Okay, I have done a lot of thinking since Bob told me that he purchased P90X. I really was happy that he was ready to make a change in his life because I knew I was ready for me. It just makes it so much easier when both parties are on board. I talked to several people at work and all of them were "in shape" troopers. They had a very hard time using the P90X system. I thought..damn, if THEY have a problem with it and they are fit and healthy...what the hell is it going to do to me? I'm fat and lazy!!

It took a bit of convincing, but I sweet talked Bob into starting slow. Nightly walks and a drastic change in diet. He finally relented and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.

Bob has also purchased a medical grade scale. Since we received the scale, it's been looming in my basement, taunting me, laughing at me, shaking its weights at me saying.."you are going to FAIL! Muahahahaha!" LIAR,I say..LIAR! I am NOT going to fail. I can do this. I HAVE to do this. If I don't. I may not be here for very long and that is NOT an option.

The love of my life bought me a Zune last year so I can use it when I mow the grass. It has been a Godsend lately. I take it to work with me and walk on my lunch break. It's a great way to get out of the dispatch room and breathe. Okay, more like pant, but breathe nonetheless. I have also convinced Bob to walk the neighborhood with me. I have asked him before and he has always declined, but this time he said yes. I think my jaw almost hit the floor. It probably would have if it wouldn't be for my ample chest. HA!

I did, however, find a flaw in my plan. Our neighborhood is RIDDLED with hills. I swear it's the old adage, up hill both ways. Let me tell you, your parents didn't lie. It's true. The hill that you walked up in the beginning somehow magically shifts in the time you've been away from it, until the time you have returned to the hill to finish your walk. It mocks you saying "HAHA..unfit person, you must scale me again". Stupid hill. I hate it.

The diet, ugh. Food, unfortunately, is a necessity. The proper food choices are a must. I know this. I've known this for a long time, I just chose to ignore it. I am a foodie. I love food. My favorite? Cheese Popcorn. Oh Good GOD. I love me some cheese popcorn. I can eat the contents of the entire bag in one sitting. That, my friends, is what got me here. No, not cheese popcorn alone, but the refusal to conform to healthy standards. Let me tell you, it is harder to change your habits than to have done them from the get go. This is my fault. Nobody else. Me. Beckie Lynn Ploof, 34 year old fat girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment