Sunday, March 28, 2010

Motivation

It seems that some days, I have an extreme lack of motivation. It is SO hard to want to cook dinner. I'd rather go to McDonald's and grab a double cheeseburger extra-value meal with a fruit punch. It's so much easier and more convenient. Then I have days like today. It was cold and rainy outside, so Bob and I "walked away the pounds" inside. For those who do not know what "walk away the pounds" is I will explain. Leslie Sansone created this idea for those who wish to do a low impact workout in the comfort of their own home. She has created this army of home walkers and disguised an aerobic workout with the ease of simple steps. Simple yet hard to do for me and my husband. Holy crap! My arms are sore, my hips are sore. This sucks. But nobody said it would be easy. And it's not.

I can't say that I actually miss fast food. I really don't. I never liked the way it made me feel after I ate. I can eat the same volume of low-fat decent tasting food and feel great, but if I would have eaten the fat-laden high calorie food, I would feel very weighed down and greasy. Then, my hard to motivate body would be even more difficult to motivate.

Bob and I had a break-through today. We really did. It has been 2 weeks since we began our change. We had our weekly weigh in. Both of us have continued to move in the right direction. We are losing weight! Most if it, however, is water weight, but it's still something. It keeps us on track and we are seeing results. This, after a simple change in eating habits, walking and other simple exercises. Now, getting back to the gym.

What I truly want is an elliptical machine at home. I found one that I love. It's $1700, but I actually like the way it feels. Unfortunately, I cannot afford this. I probably won't be able to afford this for quite some time as I have a LOT of house repairs to make. Anyone out there want to donate to the "Fit Ploof" fund?

No comments:

Post a Comment