Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To eat or not to eat..that is the question

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer outrageous weight gain or to take arms against a sea of fattening food, and by dieting, end them!

Today at work, there was 1/2 a cake that was there for someone's birthday. It was white cake, not chocolate cake. On a normal day, I would have LOVED to dive into said cake and have my way with it. Instead, today, I walked over to the file cabinets, upon which it sat, looked lovingly at the cake and walked away. I was impressed by how much will power I actually possessed today. Now, that does not mean that I was not trying to justify how much one small piece of cake with obscenely delectable icing would not "kill" my new eating habits. But I knew different. I knew that one piece would be the end of it. I would just say "screw it" and move on. I was stronger than that. I survived the cake. It did not control me! I can do it!

I was talking with a friend today and told her about my current "weight loss". I can say I'm proud of me for losing weight, but I know that being the beginning, it's just water weight at this point and it will be more difficult from here on. The numbers, although satisfying, are not what's going to help me win. It's the subtle differences I see in every day me. The pants that I have in my closet that no longer fit. The absence of my waistline. The amount of space I take up on a bench seat. Not being able to fit into a seat in Scott Trade center with any amount of comfort.

When I can attain these goals...THEN, that's a victory.

1 comment:

  1. Good going, Beckie! Just remember, slow progress is still progress. And the slower you take it off, the more probability you have of keeping it off. Keep the faith. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete